Re: Silicon Image Sil 3112 SATARaid Controller

From: Burhan Nazir <burhan_at_btinternet.com>
Date: Thu, 11 Mar 2004 15:22:47 +0000

> Anyhow the sii3112 is by far the most crappy SATA controller on the
> market, so it might be difficult to get anyone interested in wasting
> (more) time on this...

This controller may be crappy, however it is prevalent amongst many
nforce2 chipsets.  In particular the asus A7N8X, which is ubiquitous.
In addition, the controller does work and has so far caused no problems
under windows, so I am fairly pleased with it.

So, I would hope that there is some talented deveoper out there that
does not take your narrow minded view and take mercy on all those people
that would love to use freebsd with raid0 on their desktop machines.

-Burhan