RE: I like SCHED_4BSD

From: Will Saxon <WillS_at_housing.ufl.edu>
Date: Thu, 11 Mar 2004 14:32:35 -0500
> I couldn't agree more. After doing the suggested mappings in
> libmap.conf
> and recompiling apps I can see a drastic difference in load times and
> performance between ULE and 4BSD. Using ULE the load wait for firefox
> could be anywhere from 10-30 seconds while with 4BSD it is a
> constant 4
> second load time. When switching between desktops it can take
> up to 10
> seconds to redraw the screen. This sluggishness isn't exclusive to
> firefox, opera and openoffice are noticeably laggy under ULE
> as well. I
> WANT to like and use ULE but the performance just isn't there.

I am not experiencing this with firefox. It takes 2-3 seconds to load.
I am also not experiencing issues with screen redraws.

I am using a Feb 14th -current with _ULE. firefox-bin is linked against
libpthread.

Old, I know, but maybe it can help narrow down a timeframe where changes
have caused problems?

-Will