Re: Silicon Image Sil 3112 SATARaid Controller

From: Sten Spans <sten_at_blinkenlights.nl>
Date: Thu, 11 Mar 2004 21:36:09 +0100 (CET)
On Thu, 11 Mar 2004, Jon Noack wrote:

> > This controller may be crappy, however it is prevalent amongst many
> > nforce2 chipsets.  In particular the asus A7N8X, which is ubiquitous.
> > In addition, the controller does work and has so far caused no problems
> > under windows, so I am fairly pleased with it.
> > So, I would hope that there is some talented deveoper out there that
> > does not take your narrow minded view and take mercy on all those people
> > that would love to use freebsd with raid0 on their desktop machines.
>
> Given the amount of ATA work Søren's done (including on the sii3112), I
> find it highly unlikely his view on this subject is narrow-minded...

Reading the mailinglists shows that about 50% of sorens mails are
about making this horrible excuse for an ide controller do something
even remotely useful.

I must admit that sorens mails about the subject are quite
amusing, always makes me glad not having to bother with it :).

Soren: Amazing job, your efforts at making shit fly are truly commendable.

--
Sten Spans

"There is a crack in everything, that's how the light gets in."
Leonard Cohen - Anthem