RE: Silicon Image Sil 3112 SATARaid Controller

From: Andre Guibert de Bruet <andy_at_siliconlandmark.com>
Date: Thu, 11 Mar 2004 18:54:09 -0500 (EST)
On Fri, 12 Mar 2004, Emil Cazamir wrote:

> Hi
<verbose output truncated>
> Conclusion: I'm one of many "crappy hardware" users which are happy to move
> on to other OS'es if this situation persists.

Nobody's forcing you to use FreeBSD. We're volunteers with finite
resources. You seem to have a fair amount of hardware that's either not
supported or poorly supported. What are you doing to improve things?
Wasting developer-weeks by posting rants? How about you share the
following on a website and post its address to the list:

1. boot -v on the affected systems.
2. pciconf -vl for system with cards that don't work.
3. XF86Config for problems with X11.

On the issue of the SoundBlaster Live! support, there are many versions of
this product. Please post the version that you're using. I have an emu10k1
here that works flawlessly.

Last I've heard DRI isn't available on the ATI 9500 because the microcode
and hardware-acceleration specs for the R300s haven't been released. Bug
ATI or find some relevant docs and I'll personally make sure that the
right people get what they need.

Regards,
Andy