Re: I like SCHED_4BSD

From: Steve Kargl <sgk_at_troutmask.apl.washington.edu>
Date: Thu, 11 Mar 2004 16:18:15 -0800
On Thu, Mar 11, 2004 at 07:11:10PM -0500, Craig Rodrigues wrote:

> Who is actively working on ULE, getting feedback from users,
> improving ULE, etc.?  I asked some questions about the
> late tool used to evaluate ULE, and at first didn't get any responses,
> but was finally directed to look at: http://www.chesapeake.net/~jroberson/late.tgz

Jeff Roberson is the person working on ULE.  I know he has received
input from jhb and bde.  At one time, Luigi also had an experimental
scheduler.

> I also mentioned on freebsd-arch that the following tool developed
> at University of Utah might be useful for evaluating scheduler performance
> on FreeBSD:
> http://www.cs.utah.edu/~regehr/hourglass/

I looked at the site.  The web page states that hourglass required
linuxthreads on FreeBSD.  You'll probably need to ask Daniel, David,
or Julian (the KSE gang) how difficult it may be to port hourglass
to use KSE and lpthread.

--
Steve