Re: 5-CURRENT build errors

From: Eric Timme <timothy_at_voidnet.com>
Date: Fri, 12 Mar 2004 12:44:21 -0800 (PST)
('binary' encoding is not supported, stored as-is) In my case this is an attempt to go from a fresh 5.2.1 install to 5-current. Could you recommend a date to sync to as a stepping stone to 5-current? I found others with similar problems dating from early February, and a post recommended rebuilding yacc from the source tree, installing, then trying another buildworld. I'm attempting that as we speak, I'll know in about 6 hours if it worked. skip.ford_at_verizon.net wrote: > Eric Timme wrote: > > I've had this build error over the last two attempted cvsups. I'm having a > > heck of a time finding a buildable/installable moment in time of the > > -current branch post PF changes. > > > > -Wno-format-y2k -Wno-uninitialized -c nslexer.c > > at-y2k -Wno-uninitialized -c nslexer.c > > /dev/stdout: In function `_nsyylex': > > /dev/stdout:711: warning: label `find_rule' defined but not used > > /mnt/ad1s3/src/lib/libc/net/nslexer.l: At top level: > > /dev/stdout:1678: warning: `yy_flex_realloc' defined but not used > > *** Error code 1 > > I received the same error. It seems to be a toolchain issue. > In my case, I was trying to build current on a system that hadn't > had the toolchain updated since last September because I defined > NO_TOOLCHAIN. Anyone who hasn't kept their world current should > also hit it though. > > I worked around it by installing a world including toolchain from > mid-February then building with that. > > -- > Skip > Received on Fri Mar 12 2004 - 11:44:25 UTC