Re: semi HEADS UP: icc support committed

From: Alexander Leidinger <Alexander_at_Leidinger.net>
Date: Sat, 13 Mar 2004 19:25:30 +0100
On Sat, 13 Mar 2004 22:34:01 +0800
"Jun Su" <junsu_at_delphij.net> wrote:

> > Tom Rhodes committed my icc patches. This should have no impact on
> > compiles with gcc, but allows to compile the kernel with Intels C/C++
> > compiler.
> >
> Any plan to setup a icc-tinerbox? It should be helpful to find out more
> problem in the code as you mentioned before.

It's only the kernel, the world isn't instrumented with icc support. If
our tinderbox maintainer is willing to add a icc-kernel only one, it's
not a problem. But AFAIK the tinderbox is fully utilized, so I don't
know if it is able to handle the additional load.

As the FreeBSD project has a commercial icc license, we would also be
able to distribute icc compiled kernels, if someone is adventurous
enough to test such a beast (I have a icc kernel running on a test box,
it survives a complete ports build)...

Bye,
Alexander.

--
           I will be available to get hired in April 2004.

http://www.Leidinger.net                       Alexander _at_ Leidinger.net