Re: To the Armchair Directors

From: Roman Neuhauser <neuhauser_at_chello.cz>
Date: Mon, 15 Mar 2004 21:37:24 +0100
# underway_at_comcast.net / 2004-03-15 09:47:30 -0800:
> Peter Schultz <pmes_at_bis.midco.net> writes:
>
> > Don't piss off the programmers!  ;-)
> >
> > If you're not a programmer, restrain yourself from suggesting how easy
> > this or that thing would be to do.  These guys simply *do not* need
> > your "input".  Remember that this is *open source* and that if you
> > think something is worth doing that nobody else is working on, you
> > need to take on the project yourself.
>
> The above sort of user-off-putting attitude seems inappropriate [...]

    Perhaps it's just me, but I read the Peter's email as a
    good-hearted, almost tongue-in-cheek warning: "careful, these guys
    tend to get pissed off, you might get burnt".

    As opposed to des' comments in the "proxy user missing" thread.
    Or this one.