Nuking parts of the world

From: Colin Percival <colin.percival_at_wadham.ox.ac.uk>
Date: Tue, 16 Mar 2004 05:07:29 +0000
   For the benefit of people who, for religious reasons, want to nuke
part of the world from their systems, I've put together a minimal
framework for packaging the base system.
   After applying the patch at
http://www.daemonology.net/freebsd-pkgbase/pkgbase-5.2.diff
to my RELENG_5_2 source tree, I can run:

# cd /usr/src && make indexworld
# pkg_delete freebsd-base-sendmail

and get the desired behaviour.  I've defined the following packages
so far, but it is easy to add more:

freebsd-base-bind
freebsd-base-binutils
freebsd-base-fingerd
freebsd-base-ftpd
freebsd-base-games
freebsd-base-lpr
freebsd-base-sendmail
freebsd-base-vi

   Please note that this code is less than 16 hours old, so there are
probably all sorts of problems with it...

Colin Percival