wicontrol -c

From: Arve Seljebu <arve.seljebu_at_polarcom.no>
Date: Tue, 16 Mar 2004 08:59:56 +0100
It seems to a problem with the wicontrol client listing when a wireless card is configured as an AP. Using 'wicontrol -C' shows some part of the MAC (the last four hex), and the signal at the wrong place. When more then one clients connect to the AP, also a long decimal number is shown under 'qual'. In my case the number is 1285955584 (decimal), which is 4CA62000 hex, and match my MAC: 00:20:A6:4C:EE:DA( just somewhat backwards).

The symptom is the same using both a wireless card with Atheros and Prism 3 chipset.

Is this a known bug? Couldn't find it at the FreeBSD bug-report. It would probably be a small thing to fix, since the numbers are only staggered four columns to the left in the entire list.

Should I maybe report it as a bug?

Regards,

Arve Seljebu
Polarcom AS, Postboks 2108, 9266 Tromsų