Re: 5.2.1-RELEASE boot-hang with Cyclades pci card Cyclom-16YeP/RJ45

From: Bruce Evans <bde_at_zeta.org.au>
Date: Wed, 17 Mar 2004 06:22:39 +1100 (EST)
On Tue, 16 Mar 2004, M. Warner Losh wrote:

> : Is anyone using Cyclades port cards in 5.2.1?
>
> I have a cyclades driver that I've sent to bde that worked about a
> month before 5.2 was released.  It also removes the compat_oldisa
> junk.

Um, -current has a cyclades driver that worked until the COMPAT_ISA
"junk" was removed.  5.2 has the same version as -current, so it should
work too.  Anyway, COMPAT_ISA is not used at runtime for pci cy cards.

The problem reported at the start of this thread may be caused by an
interrupt storm.  These usually have nothing to do with drivers.
Try booting without acpi, and configuring without apic (note:
apic != acpi).

Bruce