Updating sparc64 time_t, hostname not found

From: Daniel Bond <D.M.Bond_at_exeter.ac.uk>
Date: Thu, 18 Mar 2004 07:05:25 +0000
Am sorry to send this question which i am sure is very obvious to
everyone else, but have now had 3 goes at updating my system to 64btt
time_t and it always fails at the same point. I get to stage 17 on the
instructions, only to get this error each time. have tried with the
different flags suggested, but always the same.

cd /usr/src; /usr/obj/usr/src/make.sparc64/make -f
/tmp/install-newk.CcO/Makefile.inc1 install
hostname: not found
"/tmp/install-newk.CcO/Makefile.inc1", line 365: warning: "hostname -s"
returned non-zero status
===> share/info
===> include
make: don't know how to make a.out.h. Stop
*** Error code 2

Stop in /usr/src.
*** Error code 1

Anyone, please, is driving me slightly insane here, very new to freebsd
and can't seem to work out what the problem is or how to fix it. any
help would be much appreciated.

Dan Bond