Re: Updating sparc64 time_t, hostname not found

From: Garance A Drosihn <drosih_at_rpi.edu>
Date: Thu, 18 Mar 2004 11:15:51 -0500
At 7:05 AM +0000 3/18/04, Daniel Bond wrote:
>Am sorry to send this question which i am sure is very obvious
>to everyone else, but have now had 3 goes at updating my system
>to 64btt time_t and it always fails at the same point.

I am busy at the moment, but I'll send you more email later
today and help you figure out what is happening.

>I get to stage 17 on the instructions, only to get this error
>each time. have tried with the different flags suggested, but
>always the same.
>
>cd /usr/src; /usr/obj/usr/src/make.sparc64/make -f
>/tmp/install-newk.CcO/Makefile.inc1 install
>hostname: not found
>"/tmp/install-newk.CcO/Makefile.inc1", line 365: warning: "hostname
>-s" returned non-zero status

I doubt that this is the fatal problem.  It's just an annoying
little warning (that I don't *think* you should be getting, but
it isn't going to ruin the install).

>===> share/info
>===> include
>make: don't know how to make a.out.h. Stop
>*** Error code 2

You should have the file:   /usr/src/include/a.out.h

If you do not, then that has something to do with the problem.
If you do have it, then I need to spend more than 5 seconds
trying to guess what your problem might actually be...  :-)

--
Garance Alistair Drosehn            =   gad_at_gilead.netel.rpi.edu
Senior Systems Programmer           or  gad_at_freebsd.org