Re: fresh built programs no more show japanese pages

From: Ariff Abdullah <skywizard_at_time.net.my>
Date: Thu, 18 Mar 2004 23:57:18 +0800
On Thu, 18 Mar 2004 16:14:04 +0100
Fritz Heinrichmeyer <fritz.heinrichmeyer_at_fernuni-hagen.de> wrote:

> today i realized that japanese pages are no more shown correctly in
> konqueror and freeze newer mozilla compiles. An older package works
>
> Sorry i can't say when this started.
>
> Even xfontsel behaves strange when choosing jis family, it
> regenerates again when choosing european families.
>
> i updated to libXft and friends btw.

I'm facing the simmilar problem, too. Mozilla/firefox window simply
gone, or hanging forever. Looks like the main culprit is
Xft (libXft). What I did for temporary measure was:
1) revert to older Xft-2.1.2
OR
2) using libmap.conf facility to remap libXft.so(.2) to older
   libXft.so(.2) taken from Xft-2.1.2 (put it somewhere under
   lib/ , rename as libxXft.so..)