pkg_add

From: Zen <zen8061_at_zen.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 18 Mar 2004 23:12:20 -0000
Hi,

I am on a big learning curve with FreeBSD but enjoying it every step of the
way.  I have been sent a update which I am having trouble installing can
some one tell me the error of my ways or point to the correct manual page
for adding this package.  I can not use the ports program as it has not been
added as a up date yet.

Below is the error I get

pkg_add scan-devel-4.29.2.tgz
tar: +CONTENTS: Not found in archive
pkg_add: tar extract of /tmp/scan-devel-4.29.2.tgz failed!
pkg_add: unable to extract table of contents file from
'/tmp/scan-devel-4.29.2.tgz' - not a package?

Thanks for any help or suggestions

Zen