Re: system lockup - ata spurious interrupts - somehow updated

From: Alexander Leidinger <Alexander_at_Leidinger.net>
Date: Sun, 21 Mar 2004 14:02:02 +0100
On Sun, 21 Mar 2004 12:33:19 +0100
Søren Schmidt <sos_at_DeepCore.dk> wrote:

> Now, the above is more likely an interrupt setup/routing problem of
> sorts, if you get spurious interrupts *something* is yanking the
> interrupt line, but ATA knows that it hasn't requested anything and
> spits out the "spurious" warning.

Does this also explain why I get a freezed system at boot time after
alot of those warnings when I enable HT (-current as of yesterday)?

> That said, the ICH5 support is written "blindfolded" as I do not have
> any such HW here in the lab. So if there is a problem with ATA on those,
> someone with the HW and enough kernel clue should look into it (or
> someone could land the needed HW in my lab, which could also bring
> support for the SW RAID on intel's)...

I have the hardware and I'm willing to fix this problem. What kernel
clue are we talking about?

Bye,
Alexander.

--
           I will be available to get hired in April 2004.

http://www.Leidinger.net                       Alexander _at_ Leidinger.net