CSA gigabit ethernet

From: Petri Helenius <pete_at_he.iki.fi>
Date: Sat, 20 Mar 2004 16:11:37 +0200
I have been trying to convince Supermicro support that the CSAB entry
would need _PRT Method to work properly and have not really got a "go
away" message but not "weŽll fix it" either.

Obviously this causes problems with the CSA gigabit if device apic is
enabled and the APIC is enabled in the bios also. (watchdog timeouts, I
also saw a PR open on the symptom)

Comments? I put the whole dump to http://helenius.fi/p4sctii.asl

The board in question is P4SCT+II. I suspect the problem exists in all
Supermicro boards with CSA.

Running on 5.2.1-RELEASE or 5.2-CURRENT behave similarly.

Disabling APIC in the BIOS makes the system usable.

Pete

             Device (CSAB)
             {
                 Name (_ADR, 0x00030000)