Re: [acpi-jp 3122] CSA gigabit ethernet

From: Nate Lawson <nate_at_root.org>
Date: Sat, 20 Mar 2004 17:01:16 -0800 (PST)
On Sat, 20 Mar 2004, Petri Helenius wrote:
> I have been trying to convince Supermicro support that the CSAB entry
> would need _PRT Method to work properly and have not really got a "go
> away" message but not "weŽll fix it" either.
>
> Obviously this causes problems with the CSA gigabit if device apic is
> enabled and the APIC is enabled in the bios also. (watchdog timeouts, I
> also saw a PR open on the symptom)
>
> Comments? I put the whole dump to http://helenius.fi/p4sctii.asl
>
> The board in question is P4SCT+II. I suspect the problem exists in all
> Supermicro boards with CSA.
>
> Running on 5.2.1-RELEASE or 5.2-CURRENT behave similarly.
>
> Disabling APIC in the BIOS makes the system usable.
>
> Pete
>
>              Device (CSAB)
>              {
>                  Name (_ADR, 0x00030000)
>                  Device (CSAD)
>                  {
>                      Name (_ADR, 0x00010000)
>                      Method (_PRW, 0, NotSerialized)
>                      {
>                          Return (Package (0x02)
>                          {
>                              0x0B,
>                              0x05
>                          })
>                      }
>                  }
>              }

Sorry, I can't quite understand what the problem is.  What are CSAB and
CSAD?  Is CSAB another bus (PCI?) containing CSAD?  A devinfo of this box
would help me understand the hierarchy.

You can always create your own _PRT entry under CSAB and compile a custom
AML.  See the acpi debugging section of the handbook for info.

-Nate