Re: [acpi-jp 3122] CSA gigabit ethernet

From: Petri Helenius <pete_at_he.iki.fi>
Date: Mon, 22 Mar 2004 08:28:35 +0200
Nate Lawson wrote:

>Sorry, I can't quite understand what the problem is.  What are CSAB and
>CSAD?  Is CSAB another bus (PCI?) containing CSAD?  A devinfo of this box
>would help me understand the hierarchy.

CSA is a proprietary bus connected to the MCH.
http://www.intel.com/design/network/events/idf/csa.htm

Itīs primary purpose at this time is to provide bandwidth to run a GE
without having to go through the other busses.

>You can always create your own _PRT entry under CSAB and compile a custom
>AML.  See the acpi debugging section of the handbook for info.

I got a new BIOS from supermicro where the _PRT entry exists, itīs located
at http://helenius.fi/p4sctnew.asl but now I get no error messages but
the system still does not work. (vmstat -i shows no interrupts for em0)
Previously I got watchdog timeout errors.

I also put http://helenius.fi/sct.mptable and
http://helenius.fi/sct.pciconf available.

Pete