Re: system lockup - ata spurious interrupts - somehow updated

From: Alexander Leidinger <Alexander_at_Leidinger.net>
Date: Sun, 21 Mar 2004 17:48:18 +0100
On Sun, 21 Mar 2004 16:28:43 +0100
Søren Schmidt <sos_at_DeepCore.dk> wrote:

> > I have the hardware and I'm willing to fix this problem. What kernel
> > clue are we talking about?
>
> Enough to know your way around the kernel, instrument code to see what
> is going on and do new code bits to fix potential problems etc etc, that
> kind of thing. In some cases having test HW around to see if there are
> physical interrupts delivered, if devices are really selected on the HW
> level etc, can be very handy as well..

So it's not about look at X for Y and at Z for K? I don't have
measurement hardware, but I could instrument code and lookout for
specific things if somebody tells me where and what I have to look
for...

Bye,
Alexander.

--
           I will be available to get hired in April 2004.

http://www.Leidinger.net                       Alexander _at_ Leidinger.net