Re: system lockup - ata spurious interrupts - somehow updated

From: Doug Ambrisko <ambrisko_at_ambrisko.com>
Date: Mon, 22 Mar 2004 16:53:26 -0800 (PST)
Soren Schmidt writes:
| That said, the ICH5 support is written "blindfolded" as I do not have
| any such HW here in the lab. So if there is a problem with ATA on those,
| someone with the HW and enough kernel clue should look into it (or
| someone could land the needed HW in my lab, which could also bring
| support for the SW RAID on intel's)...

I have some patches for ICH5 for the IDE and SATA parts of it based
on stable.  I haven't ported them to -current yet but I should be
starting to work on that soon.  I have patches for the 6300ESB ICH
as well.  They are basically the same SW wise except for pci ids.

There is nothing major in the patches except for PCI id's and
reading the DMA setup.  I do have tweaks that read the SATA status
registers and which drives are mapped to which ports.  This prevents
system lock ups when the SATA drives go away.

I just got my hands a system that looks like it might have the Intel
RAID in BIOS stuff to play with.

Doug A.