Re: NDIS not compiled

From: Bill Paul <wpaul_at_FreeBSD.ORG>
Date: Mon, 22 Mar 2004 09:47:16 -0800 (PST)
> Dear All
> I'm trying to start my WiFi adapter under FreeBSD-CURRENT (cvsuped
> today) usinf NDISulator.
> I made an ndis_driver_data.h file using
> ndiscvt -i bcmwl5a.inf -s bcmwl5.sys -n bcw -o ndis_driver_data.h
> (I have even tryed not to use -n option - it is make no sence, and
> currently it is turned off)
> Then i edited my kernel configuration file and added
> options         NDISAPI
> device          ndis
> device          wlan

Ok, first of all, I've been trying to get people to build ndis.ko
and if_ndis.ko as modules specifically to avoid these kinds of problems!
Is there any specific reason you chose to ignore my suggestion?

> options         KSTACK_PAGES=8
> (The last string is taken from one of discussions here, just in case, i
> have even tryed without it the result is the same)

*sigh* I said you only need this for the Intel 2200BG driver. You don't
need it for the Broadcom drivers.

> linking kernel
> if_ndis_pci.o: In function `ndis_attach_pci':
> if_ndis_pci.o(.text+0x55e): undefined reference to `ndis_attach'
> if_ndis_pci.o(.data+0xf4): undefined reference to `ndis_detach'
> if_ndis_pci.o(.data+0xfc): undefined reference to `ndis_shutdown'
> if_ndis_pci.o(.data+0x104): undefined reference to `ndis_suspend'
> if_ndis_pci.o(.data+0x10c): undefined reference to `ndis_resume'
> *** Error code 1
>
> Could someone please tell me what i did wrong?

You took out pccard support from your kernel config. if_ndis.c depends on
pccard, so put it back:

# PCCARD (PCMCIA) support
# Pcmcia and cardbus bridge support
device          cbb                     # cardbus (yenta) bridge
#device         pcic                    # ExCA ISA and PCI bridges
device          pccard                  # PC Card (16-bit) bus
device          cardbus                 # CardBus (32-bit) bus

-Bill

-Bill Paul            (510) 749-2329 | Senior Engineer, Master of Unix-Fu
                 wpaul_at_windriver.com | Wind River Systems
              <adamw> you're just BEGGING to face the moose