Re: Fatal trap 12

From: Roberto Nunnari <roberto.nunnari_at_supsi.ch>
Date: Tue, 23 Mar 2004 12:01:24 +0100
Hi.

Jon Noack wrote:

> Did you try booting with the old kernel before you did the restore?
>
> In any case, at the very least we need your kernel config file and a
> dmesg (preferably a verbose one).  Much better would be a crash dump:
> http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/developers-handbook/kerneldebug.html

Here is the kernel config I am running now and before trying the
upgrade:
http://www.dti.supsi.ch/~robi/WEB.20040323

Here is the dmesg I did today:
http://www.dti.supsi.ch/~robi/dmesg.20040323

I also tried to boot with this kernel configuration, but the
result was exactly the same:
http://www.dti.supsi.ch/~robi/WEB

and a few more info from /etc/:
http://www.dti.supsi.ch/~robi/rc.conf
http://www.dti.supsi.ch/~robi/make.conf

This evening, when users are gone, I'll try again the upgrade
and try to get a crash dump. then.. I'll also try to boot using
the old kernel.

> If you're trying to get a crash dump, be sure you have the debugging
> options enabled in your kernel config file (DEBUG=-g, INVARIANTS,
> WITNESS, etc.).

ok.

Thank you for your help.
--