RE: Strange Buildworld problem

From: Sean Page <Sean.Page_at_epsb.ca>
Date: Tue, 23 Mar 2004 09:22:30 -0700

> SUP_UPDATE=             yes
> SUP=                    /usr/local/bin/cvsup
> SUPFLAGS=               -g -L 2
> SUPHOST=               cvsup.ca.freebsd.org
> #SUPHOST=               cvsup4.freebsd.org
> SUPFILE=               /usr/share/examples/cvsup/stable-supfile

Why are you using stable-supfile?  Unless you changed it, this file
tracks RELENG_4 (4.9-STABLE), as 5.x has not become -STABLE yet.  Even
if you did change it, your next installworld will clobber it back to
RELENG_4.  A better bet is to copy the supfile someplace safe and modify
to track RELENG_5_2 or '.' or whatever...

> #SUPFILE=                /usr/share/examples/cvsup/security-supfile

This looks more promising (you seem to have created this file).  I was
involved in a discussion with re_at_ about supfiles a while back (even
submitted patches), but nothing ever came of it.  The consensus seemed
to be on creating a "release-supfile" to track the security release branch.

Jon

Hi Jon,

Thanks for the comment. Naturally I changed the file to track '.', and
haven't had a problem in the past with it being clobbered unless I rebuilt
the cvsup port. A good suggestion none the less, I've renamed the cvsup file
to current-supfile and updated make.conf accordingly. In the mean time I
still can't get a buildworld happening :( If you have any further ideas, I'm
open to suggestions.

Thanks again,

Sean.