Re: SF Bay area hackfest

From: David O'Brien <obrien_at_freebsd.org>
Date: Wed, 24 Mar 2004 16:19:40 -0800
[ Please don't top-post, it totally looses context; else I'll have to
drop out of this discussion and doing the needed binutils import. ]

On Wed, Mar 24, 2004 at 12:22:14PM -0800, Julian Elischer wrote:
> On Wed, 24 Mar 2004, David O'Brien wrote:
> > On Tue, Mar 23, 2004 at 09:01:11PM -0700, Scott Long wrote:
> > > Let's get basic functionality woring on x86 and amd64 before we start
> > > diverging into optimization strategies.
> >
> > Uh, what about basic functionalty on Sparc64 and Alpha?
>
> who cares?

Need I remind you??

    Tier 1: Fully Supported Architectures

    Tier 1 platforms are fully supported by the security officer, release
    engineering, and toolchain maintenance staff. New features added to
    the operating system must be fully functional across all Tier 1
    architectures for every release (features which are inherently
    architecture-specific, such as support for hardware device drivers,
    may be exempt from this requirement). In general, all Tier 1
    platforms must have build and tinderbox support either in the
    FreeBSD.org cluster, or easily available for all developers.

    Tier 1 architectures are expected to be Production Quality with
    respects to all aspects of the FreeBSD operating system, including
    installation and development environments.

    Current Tier 1 platforms are i386, Sparc64, AMD64, PC98, and Alpha.

--
-- David  (obrien_at_FreeBSD.org)