Re: LOR status page?

From: Garance A Drosihn <drosih_at_rpi.edu>
Date: Wed, 24 Mar 2004 20:24:23 -0500
At 8:16 PM -0500 3/24/04, Richard Coleman wrote:
>Garance A Drosihn wrote:
>>I do agree that a web page saying exactly which ones to ignore
>>would be better than expecting end-users to figure that out by
>>scanning the mailing lists...
>
>I'm assuming WITNESS et al. will be turned off by default for
>5.3-stable.  So most users will never see these messages.

Ah.  True.  I'm used to running with it (on i386, at least).

>And I doubt a webpage will stop folks from reporting this.  Maybe
>a big note at the top of UPDATING would help.

Too many "big notes" at the top of UPDATING, and people's eyes
will glaze over and they won't read any of it.  Particularly if
that big note is for some event that most users won't see.  A
small note, with a URL, would be more likely to work, I think.

Or change the error message to include that URL.

--
Garance Alistair Drosehn            =   gad_at_gilead.netel.rpi.edu
Senior Systems Programmer           or  gad_at_freebsd.org