Re: CURRENT will not boot on Latitude C610 w/o acpi

From: Robert Watson <rwatson_at_freebsd.org>
Date: Wed, 24 Mar 2004 23:31:14 -0500 (EST)
On Wed, 24 Mar 2004, Ted Faber wrote:

> CURRENT as of yesterday (23 Mar 2004) will not boot on my Dell Latitude
> C610 without ACPI.  As far as I know this has never worked, but I only
> recently advanced the machine from STABLE.

Not sure how similar the 600 is to the 610, but with my C600, I have to
compile the kernel without SMP and apic, or I can't successfully load X11
without hanging pretty often.  I can get to single-user with no problem
though (although I'm running a couple of weeks ago on the notebook due to
travel and hardware problems).

robert_at_fledge.watson.org      Senior Research Scientist, McAfee Research