CURRENT will not boot on Latitude C610 w/o acpi

From: Ted Faber <faber_at_ISI.EDU>
Date: Wed, 24 Mar 2004 08:19:00 -0800
CURRENT as of yesterday (23 Mar 2004) will not boot on my Dell Latitude
C610 without ACPI.  As far as I know this has never worked, but I only
recently advanced the machine from STABLE.

With GENERIC the system panics with a trap 12 after the message

pic2: <PCI bus> on pcib2
stopped at 0xc00fc42f

A trace from the debugger gives:

kernbase(b0a, c0756c0d, c00fbc50, c00fbc52, c0c21a9c) at 0xc00fc42f

I think this happens too early to get any kind of dump, but I'm happy to
provide any additional info that will help get it resolved.  I'm
interested in booting w/o ACPI because of problems with ACPI power
management, which I'm posting to the ACPI debugging list under another
thread.

--
Ted Faber
http://www.isi.edu/~faber           PGP: http://www.isi.edu/~faber/pubkeys.asc