ath driver in FreeBSD 5.2.1-release?

From: Chris Ross <cross_at_distal.com>
Date: Thu, 25 Mar 2004 14:43:19 -0500
   Hey.  I see much chatter from 2003 about the ath drive work
that Sam Lefler did getting into -current.  I figured, perhaps
erroneously, that that work would've gotten into 5.2.1-release,
since that's fairly new.  Is this unrealistic?

   Is there a -stable or -release version of FreeBSD that has
the newer ath code, so that the Dell TrueMobile 1400's will
be supported?  That's really my goal.  (Have a Latitude D600)
If not, then I suppose I want to know if it's possible to
*put* the newer -current ath code into a 5.2.1 release kernel.
What would that take?

   Thanks.  Any information appreciated.

                          - Chris