Re: libpthread / mysql41-server

From: Erik Greenwald <erik_at_smluc.org>
Date: Fri, 26 Mar 2004 06:48:04 -0600
On Tue, Mar 23, 2004 at 03:12:36PM +0100, Alex Dupre wrote:
> Alex Dupre wrote:
>
> >Recompiling mysql with these flags seems to create a working
> >binary...maybe we are spotting a bug somewhere, now we have to reduce
> >these flags to find out what's the real cause.
>
> Done, it seems it's the CPUTYPE option. I personally tested with:
>
> p3 : working
> p4 : working
> null : not working
>
> So is it a gcc bug? Other ideas?

I've tried now with:
 i686: working
 k7: working (I'm using an athlon)
 null: not working (verified null by make -V CPUTYPE)

I guess the next option is to find what cflag trips the behavior?

--
        -Erik <erik_at_smluc.org> [http://math.smsu.edu/~erik]

The opinions expressed by me are not necessarily opinions. In all probability,
they are random rambling, and to be ignored. Failure to ignore may result in
severe boredom or confusion. Shake well before opening. Keep Refrigerated.