Re: mod_usertrack: apache "exited on signal 11" on FreeBSD 5.2CURRENT (now)

From: Martin Nilsson <martin_at_mullet.se>
Date: Sun, 28 Mar 2004 10:57:55 +0200
Holger Kipp wrote:
> Just checked if this is the same with the latest FreeBSD 5.2-CURRENT
> from now (cvsupped an hour ago), also rebuilding apache13-modssl
> with portupgrade.
>
> Same behaviour: Everything works fine with CookieTracking off, but
> with CookieTracking on, I get clean 'signal 11'. This is with
> CookieStyle Netscape and CookieStyle Cookie. CookieStyle Cookie2
> seems to work, but then I receive a different Cookie per request :-(

Hi, I had the same problem but solved it with adding the following to my
httpd.conf:

CookieTracking  On
CookieExpires "2 years"
CookieFormat Compact
CookieName Apache
CookieStyle  RFC2965

I know that all options have sensible defaults but without the above
apache segfaults in some regexp function in libc.

This problem is also present in 4.9, I heven't had time to debug it further.

	/Martin

--
Martin Nilsson, CTO & Founder, Mullet Scandinavia AB, Malmö, SWEDEN
E-mail: martin_at_mullet.se, Phone: +46-(0)708-606170, Web: www.mullet.se

Our business is well engineered servers optimised for FreeBSD & Linux