Re: mtree -L is broken due to unneded type=link additions to BSD.*.dist

From: Dag-Erling Smørgrav <des_at_des.no>
Date: Tue, 30 Mar 2004 16:09:02 +0200
Andrey Chernov <ache_at_nagual.pp.ru> writes:
> Alternatively, do you maybe mean that people directly calls mtree by
> hand before port installing? It is not supported way to get right
> directories in anycase and not worth to broke mtree -L, of course.

So what *is* the supported way to create and populate ${PREFIX}?

and why didn't you protest this change when it was discussed on the
lists?  the conclusion of that discussion was "BSD.*.dist doesn't list
symlinks because we thought mtree couldn't handle them"

DES
--
Dag-Erling Smørgrav - des_at_des.no