Re: mtree -L is broken due to unneded type=link additions to BSD.*.dist

From: Andrey Chernov <ache_at_nagual.pp.ru>
Date: Tue, 30 Mar 2004 18:16:28 +0400
On Tue, Mar 30, 2004 at 04:09:02PM +0200, Dag-Erling Sm?rgrav wrote:

> So what *is* the supported way to create and populate ${PREFIX}?

As you can see in bsd.port.mk, it is

make install-mtree

> and why didn't you protest this change when it was discussed on the
> lists?  the conclusion of that discussion was "BSD.*.dist doesn't list
> symlinks because we thought mtree couldn't handle them"

I do that already. Kris ask me in private message about problems symlinks
can cause in BSD.*.dist. I explain that either -P or -L will be broken. He
resend my answer to interested parties. Apparently, you was not among
them.

--
Andrey Chernov | http://ache.pp.ru/