Re: nss_ldap broken

From: Daniel Eischen <eischen_at_vigrid.com>
Date: Wed, 31 Mar 2004 16:48:02 -0500 (EST)
On Mon, 29 Mar 2004, Daniel Eischen wrote:

> On Mon, 29 Mar 2004, Jacques A. Vidrine wrote:
>
> > Sean, could you report how this patch works for you?  Hmm, actually, it
> > looks almost identical to what you posted :-)  Is there a reason that
> > you stored the value of `__isthreaded' in a local variable?  Did that
> > make a difference for your case?
>
> I'm unsure how nss_ldap was built to depend on libpthread (or
> any threads library).  I built it from ports and 'ldd' didn't
> report any dependency on a threads library.

I rebuilt it and now it does depend on libpthread.  I
think it is because I had openldap-client-2.1.26 which
didn't have a dependency on libpthread, but upgrading
to openldap-client-2.1.28 brought in the dependency.

Too bad these shared libraries can't be made to use
the libgcc trick, so they can still be thread-safe
but not depend on a threads library.  That would
also make it easier to use different thread libraries
for different applications relying on common shared
libraries.

--
Dan Eischen