Re: missing libncurses.so.5 and other lib*

From: Ion-Mihai Tetcu <itetcu_at_apropo.ro>
Date: Mon, 3 May 2004 20:02:13 +0300
On Mon, 03 May 2004 12:19:24 -0400
Brian Fundakowski Feldman <green_at_freebsd.org> wrote:

> "Kevin Oberman" <oberman_at_es.net> wrote:
> > > Date: Sun, 02 May 2004 19:33:21 -0700
> > > From: Kris Kennaway <kris_at_obsecurity.org>
> > > Sender: owner-freebsd-current_at_freebsd.org

[ ... about -current and danger ... ]

> I would never choose to equate running -CURRENT with "living dangerously."
> I know there are several cases in the past where certain drivers have been
> screwed up for a short period of time such that users of those
> less-ubiquitous devices would see that, but not stuff like normal IDE hard
> drives.

In this case, if / when you want to see something like that, please drop
me an email. Last year, after 3 moths of struggling I've changed an
Seagate 120G for a Maxtor and a few days ago I just discovered that a
40G Seagate from which I have been booting in the last 6 months just
doesn't like being non-boot disk, randomly corrupting data on it. And,
as Soren days "it work on windows"; actually it is now in a windows
machine and I'm coping data on it from my FreeBSD desktop over ftp.

 ;-)

--
IOnut
Unregistered ;) FreeBSD "user"