Re: Updated SATA support patches for Intel ICH & Promise cards

From: Søren Schmidt <sos_at_DeepCore.dk>
Date: Wed, 05 May 2004 18:23:20 +0200
Brad Knowles wrote:
> At 5:12 PM +0200 2004/05/05, Søren Schmidt wrote:
>
>>  These patches are not really combineable since I've done things
>>  differently and IMHO the way ATA wants it. What I would find usefull
>>  would be the code to handle the AMI? RAID type as I havn't got any
>>  HW with that one handy to test on, but if thats not to be unless the
>>  patch at hand goes in, well...
>>
>>  BTW doug's patches doesn't solve the missing interrupt problem
>>  unless I've missed it in the patch.
>

>     I think the point was that Doug tried to follow your style, and you
> feel that he failed to do so resulting in patches that can't be combined
> with your work.  Your reaction to Doug and the way you have treated him
> are very discouraging, thus helping to ensure that he does not make any
> further attempts to help you on this subject.
>
>     If you could be more constructive in your criticism of Doug and help
> him to better understand what it is you're looking for in the way of
> style, then he'd be in a better position to help you fix certain things
> and give you more time to work in other areas where he is not.

I think the message has come over badly somehow, for that I'm sorry, put
the blame on me not being a native english speaker or something.
Anyhow lets move that aside and get on with the real matter here:

I think its time for me to step back as maintainer and let someone else
with lots more time, resources and motivation get on the arena.
I do not want to be the one that keeps progress back here, and I dont
see me getting more sparetime in the forseable future to speed up
things, so I think the project will be better of finding new and fresh
resources that has the time needed...

--
-Søren