SATA driver issues

From: Forrest Aldrich <forrie_at_forrie.com>
Date: Fri, 07 May 2004 19:46:55 -0400
Søren,

Unfortunately, the first 2 drives were wiped out from having been
tested... installed Windows/XP, and it all worked fine.   The
motherboard I have is a SOYO Dragon Platinum Edition which has the
Silicon Image controller.

I want to be sure what the problem is before I begin installing
FreeBSD-5.2 again.

I read in some release notes there were some issues with SATA, but I'm
not certain if those issues still apply to the -CURRENT codebase.

Thanks.
Forrest

Forrest Aldrich wrote:
> I recently updated my FreeBSD 5.2 system to CURRENT via CVSup, and then
> the system wasn't recognizing the secondary (slave) SATA drives.  I
> thought this might be a hardware issue, so brought it in to be looked
> at.   Turn out, it's fine with other operating systems (Windows/XP, et
> al).    So I'm presuming something with SATA support went bad in the
> current codebase.    Has anyone information about this or a fix.

Please at least provide the output from dmesg so I have a chance to see
what kind of HW we are talking about. A dmesg from a working kernel
would be real handy as well...

--
-Søren