Re[2]: acpi_video doesn't works?

From: Toxa <postfix_at_sendmail.ru>
Date: Sat, 8 May 2004 22:41:10 +0400
Hello Jun,

Saturday, May 8, 2004, 9:04:03 PM, you wrote:

JS> I also owned a vaio laptop. There are several issues to make acpi_video to
JS> work in vaio.
JS> 1. The LFP's adr is 0x400 instead of 0x110.

There is no LFP device in my asl file produced by acpidump. Mine
laptop is PCG-V505BX by the way.

JS> 2. Lack of _BCL and _BCM method for the LFP output. I think we can write the
JS> methods based on the driver sonypi. Hope some guru can help.

As far as I know, sjog and picturebook (/usr/ports/sysutils/sjog &
/usr/ports/graphics/picturebook), which does the same work (set
lid brightness) uses freebsd sony spic driver, whis is similar to
linux sonypi, isn't it? So lack of acpi.video is not a real pain for
me, but ofcourse I want it to work on sony laptops well :)

--
Best regards,
 Toxa                            mailto:postfix_at_sendmail.ru