Re: ad0: WARNING - WRITE_DMA interrupt was seen but timeout fired LBA=21267353

From: Bjoern A. Zeeb <bzeeb-lists_at_lists.zabbadoz.net>
Date: Wed, 12 May 2004 16:09:25 +0000 (UTC)
On Wed, 12 May 2004, Søren Schmidt wrote:

> >>Hmm, something is keeping the taskqueue busy, and its not ATA...
> >
> > but the thing starts with ${subject} and only after some dozen logs
> > (multi monitor pages) I get one or two taskqueue stalled; afterwards
> > ${subject} keeps scrolling again and everything starts from the
> > beginning.
>
> It always start like that, the stalled warning is the final operation
> after 3 timeouts.

Thanks, that had been the glue record I missed.

> its bits when this fails, but it cannot get results returned back to the
> system via the taskqueue subsystem. When the "stalled" warning shows up
> ATA forces the result back circumventing the taskqueues.
>
> > is there any way how I could get to know what's keeping the taskqueue
> > busy ? if scrolling starts no user interaction is possible anymore.
>
> Instrumenting the queue code ?

If I could get the machine to be actually usable  recompiling HEAD or a
kernel wouldn't be that hard.

Looking forward for my cross build to finish and hopefully be able to
install a kernel and world via NFS without triggering the problem.
Shall see.

56 69 73 69 74				http://www.zabbadoz.net/