cardbus power problems still occurring

From: Lowell Gilbert <freebsd-current-local_at_be-well.ilk.org>
Date: 15 May 2004 10:45:17 -0400
This is on a HP Omnibook XE2; I posted about it before, but didn't get
any responses.  The problems showed up when the power support was
added to -CURRENT.  I've tried making the power manipulations in
pccbb.c respect the hw.pci.do_powerstate flag, but all I could manage
that way was to eliminate the error messages without actually getting
the cardbus to bring up any cards.

There's some other information on the system on my web site at
http://be-well.ilk.org:8088/~lowell/systuff/laptop-problems.html
from my previous battles with AGP support.

Setting hw.cbb.debug and hw.pccard.debug didn't show anything that
seemed useful to me.  Someone who knows the register definitions for
the bridge chip might well have better luck. .  I'm attaching the
dmesg.

Please give me a hand with this; I know there are other people trying
to track -CURRENT on similar hardware.

Be well.
        Lowell