Re: fsck in -current

From: Eirik Oeverby <ltning_at_anduin.net>
Date: Mon, 17 May 2004 16:26:38 +0200
Funny, was thinking about that the other day. Not that I could do
anything - I'm not a developer on that scale at all. Was just thinking
about how worthless SCHED_ULE and SCHED_4BSD are in cases of massive
I/O, and why a scheduler doesn't handle those things too. Then I thought
some more about it, and complications and difficulties popped up every
way I turned. I wouldn't be surprised if noone volunteers ;)

But seriously, what project size would we be talking about here? Did any
other OSes implement anything like it? Would it be a 'killer feature'?

/Eirik