Re: sio / puc wedging on both -current and -stable

From: Mike Tancsa <mike_at_sentex.net>
Date: Tue, 18 May 2004 09:57:06 -0400
At 09:49 AM 18/05/2004, Mike Tancsa wrote:
>today.  One quick note that I am not sure if its a fluke yet or something
>important, the problem *seems* to go away, if on the STABLE box, I remove
>the defs for sio2 and sio3
>device          sio2    at isa? disable port IO_COM3 irq 5
>device          sio3    at isa? disable port IO_COM4 irq 9
>#device          sio2    at isa? disable port IO_COM3 irq 5
>#device          sio3    at isa? disable port IO_COM4 irq 9
>
>But it has not yet locked up in 12hrs and it usually takes 15-40min.

Spoke too soon.  It seems if the box is quite and doing nothing (i.e. not
even me typing across an ssh session) than it does sit work through the
night.   To alert myself of a lockup, I had been doing ping -A
192.168.43.51 to tell me when it froze.  It seems my monitoring trick has
something to do with triggering / encouraging the problem.

         ---Mike