Re: new arp code snapshot for review...

From: Luigi Rizzo <rizzo_at_icir.org>
Date: Tue, 18 May 2004 09:06:47 -0700
On Tue, May 18, 2004 at 02:00:28PM +0100, Doug Rabson wrote:
> On Tue, 2004-05-18 at 09:48, Luigi Rizzo wrote:
> > I will try to remove as many assumptions as possible.
> > thanks for the feedback.
>
> I think that in your prototype, the only assumption was in struct
> llentry. I would suggest defining it as something like:

to be really flexible, both l3_addr and ll_addr should be
variable size (v4,v6,v8 over 802.x,firewire,appletalk,snail-mail),
then things rapidly become confusing and inefficient.
I would like to keep the ipv4 over ethernet case simple and quick, even
if this means replicating the code for the generic case (and this
is one of the reasons i have stalled a bit on this code -- i want
to make up my mind on what is a reasonable approaxch).

cheers
luigi