Limitations of -curent Bridinging...

From: Jaye Mathisen <mrcpu_at_cdsnet.net>
Date: Tue, 18 May 2004 15:49:18 -0700
WHat exactly is the issue (besides no loop detection support)
in 5.x?

I was going to use 5.x as a bridge between my main router
and the rest of my network, mainly for trafshow/iftop type stuff.

Of course, I want the ability to ipfw on it as well, if I need to,
and possibly traffic shape with dummynet.  Possibly snort as well, although
I'm not sure.

If I can't do that, then will Netgraph work, and give me something that
I can actually filter with?

Or do I need to switch BSD's and go with Open for this project, because
their bridging code has some function that I'm not comprehending (besides STP).

Is there anything wrong with this plan?