Re: best video card for bsds

From: Munish Chopra <chopra_at_soulwax.net>
Date: Wed, 19 May 2004 02:35:01 -0400
On 2004-05-18 23:03 +0000, Evan Dower wrote:
> I wonder if someone might be interested in maintaining a web page about the
> current status of various video cards with respect to FreeBSD and X. Some
> sort of table with a card column, a driver column, a hardware acceleration
> status column, and a qualitative stability column would be fantastic. I'm
> sure it would be useful and appreciated. I personally would love to have a
> set place to look up this information whenever it's needed. It seems like
> it wouldn't be too much of a hassle to maintain, but then I'm not exactly
> volunteering either (though I might in a month or two ;-).
> My two cents (which apparently originated because two cents was the price
> of a stamp to send a letter to the president of the United States),

I suppose I could do something with the NVIDIA FAQ. I would need
significant input from other people though, I don't really own
non-NVIDIA hardware.

I'm not really interested in listing every piece of hardware out there
though. Perhaps we should limit it to cards which (in one way or
another) provide hardware accelerated 3D?

--
Munish Chopra