RE: Stability issues with 5.2.1 p4

From: Don Bowman <don_at_sandvine.com>
Date: Wed, 19 May 2004 14:33:06 -0400
From: Tom Kiblin [mailto:tom_at_kiblin.com]

> Hello,
>
> I am running a dual xeon with hyperthreading, SCSI system, that
> constantly crashes under load.  The box is doing about 40mbs of
> transfer, and I get a panic with the following output on the screen:
>

> http://advancedhosters.com/zico.JPG
>
> Any ideas or suggestions?

You probably want to look _at_ turning on crash-dumps
(rc.conf, set dumpdev), making sure you have enough swap
to hold all physical memory, and then debugging the
core that comes out.

http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/developers-handbook/kerneld
ebug.html
has instructions.

If you post back a stack trace from this process,
you'll likely get more responses.

--don