Re: best video card for bsds

From: Kirill Pisman <kpisman_at_sw-soft.com>
Date: Thu, 20 May 2004 16:29:26 +0700
> I've always had an nvidia card with my bsd, I use the 'nv' driver and not
> nvidia's driver as it is experimental and without updates.  I generally
> leave my display running and swap in and out of text mode without any
> problems.  I've never had a crash because of video except when using
> nvidia's own driver, which is simple to fix, telnet in, find the .X0-lock
> file, cat it, kill the pid.

Yep. At my work i can telnet in. At home it's impossible. Maybe it's
easy to fix , but it's a bug. It's a bug, that is not fixed about one
year.

IMHO nv is to slow.But i can be wrong, because it was use it long time
ago.

ATI's native driver for linux is worse than nvidia's. it's 'writen on
the neck'.
 There is only enemies around %).