lockups on Thinkpad T41

From: Kent Hauser <kent.hauser_at_verizon.net>
Date: Tue, 25 May 2004 10:50:08 -1000
Hi,

I'm having some trouble with -CURRENT on my new Thinkpad.
I'm running 5/24/04 -CURRENT with GENERIC kernel & the machine "locks up" (ie
no keyboard echo and/or no mouse movement) when I do the following:

Without ACPI:

boot single user & wait 30-60 seconds. Keyboard echo stops.

With ACPI:

1) push button which causes onscreen display (eg mute, volume, brightness)
locks up single user or under X. Machine locks up.

2) run "halt" -- you get "vnlru stopping ... stopped" then nothing.

I've taken to entering single user, umounting all filesystems, running "halt"
& then holding down power switch to stop machine.

On the other hand, wireless, onboard ethernet, and X work great. looking
forward to getting last nits ironed out.

Any pointers/suggestions appreciated.

Kent