Re: ports and /etc/rc.d/ [was: Where to put my own startup script]

From: Johny Mattsson <lonewolf-freebsd_at_earthmagic.org>
Date: Thu, 27 May 2004 19:11:14 +1000
Tobias Roth wrote:
> On Thu, May 27, 2004 at 10:01:45AM +0200, Oliver Eikemeier wrote:
>>The problem here is that /usr might not be a local filesystem, so touching
>>anything there before mountcritremote is not a really good idea.
>
> that is exactly what i wanted to say. since racoon might be needed to
> mount remote filesystems, and at the same time possibly being located on
> one, we have a problem.

Isn't this the very reason why NetBSD separates between mountcritlocal,
mountcritremote, and mountall? In the above case, I would assume that
racoon would be started between mountcritremote and mountall, elegantly
solving the problem?

Cheers,
/Johny
--
Johny Mattsson - System Designer ,-.   ,-.   ,-.  There is no truth.
http://www.earthmagic.org     _.'  `-'   `-'  There is only perception.