Re: eboot and shutdown don't work, suspect acpi

From: <andrew.lankford_at_verizon.net>
Date: Sat, 29 May 2004 13:38:34 -0500
>Hi,
>    Ever since the recent acpi commits, reboot and shutdown >no longer work on my machine (asus k8v deluxe mobo, athlon >64). The machine gets to "Uptime: 1m34s"
>(the time is just made up) and hangs. The only way to fix >this is to do a hard reset by pushing the computer's reset
>button. Any ideas?

Same here with my P3 (asus cusl2, i815e chipset, 3 years old).  On a happy note, the recent changes do enable my usb
mouse to recover successfuly after an S3 suspend.  XFree86
4.3 still dies and takes the video with it so that I have
to blindly login to another virtual term, type reboot, wait
for the disks to sync, and then press the old panic button.